Want to use my Pre-Amps to USB

RocketRick

Is there a device that will allow me to take the output from my Pre-amps and send it digitally to my computer USB port.

Most of the interfaces do'nt allow you to by-pass their pre-amps.

RME says I can use the two line inputs on their UCX..Ow I'm stuck.

Is there a ADA which accepts analog signals and converts to digital out to USB?

If ya got a solution, please let me know.

Rick :)

Any interface with independent line inputs will let you do this.

Some have combi inputs with a gain knob - These are hit and miss.

Look at the presonus firestudio mobile (6 line inputs) and the echo audio fire range.
I think they do 2, 8 and 12 line input only models.

I have the motu 828 mk2 and while it has other bells and whistles, it does have 8 line inputs. I use them with 8 standalone preamps.

How many pre-amps do you need at any given time?

...and what's your budget?

RME and MOTU are high end devices with prices to match...but, once you're dealing with line level inputs rather than mic pre amps, the gain you get from spending more (pun intended!) is much less. Something more basic would likely do the job just as well.

Well RME says I can use their line inputs and by-pass their pre-amps.

I was just wondering if there is a USB interface that can take the signal from my pre-amps. Dont needa ll the other stuff.

For number - For now 2 inputs. Cld be more later.

For budget - Depends. For something that will input to computer's USB port from my preamps a clear and uncolored ADA sound...$ doesn't matter.

I thght I'd try a mid level device but dont need the pre-amps. Just the ADA and output to USB format.

I have one of the orig Sony ADAs. Still in perfect working condition. Used it in the 80s with 3/4' tape machines. I was amazed at the time. Sounded like I was there singing compared to tape. But....it was a little metallic and was only 16-bit. Sampling rate was much much less then now days.

Rick

How many pre-amps do you need at any given time?

...and what's your budget?

RME and MOTU are high end devices with prices to match...but, once you're dealing with line level inputs rather than mic pre amps, the gain you get from spending more (pun intended!) is much less. Something more basic would likely do the job just as well.

Back