vst pluggins

thehook

what are these and how do you use them is it hard to find a 'host' program, I know nothing about this help a brotha out

whoa, thats a pretty broad question there. theres tons of different VST plugins and tons of different host programs, so neither one of them should be hard to find.

most host programs should allow you to use almost all VST plugins. and what do you mean by hard to use? i mean as far as simply opening the plugin, it shouldn't be hard, the manual for whatever program you get should be able to tell you how to do it. theres just such a wide variety of different VST plugins that i really can't give you a simple answer to these questions....

thehook said:
also are they hard to use once you get the host program or do they just open right up?

If you installed it right and have enough processing power you shouldn't have a problem with most of them.

i use Cubase LE which came with my Firepod.
the VST plugins I use are all free ones, i don't go too crazy with effects anyway. i got em from KVR audio. i don't plan on spending much money on plugins until i really get the hang of using the ones i have. there are some pretty decent free ones out there, and if you'd SEARCH this forum, you'd find lots of em just like i did.

http://www.kvraudio.com/

are you suggesting stealing software? if so, you better un-suggest it or else you might piss off quite a few people....

Back