Voice audio is dim after Mic install, other sounds are normal

Rnke

Hi,

I have a strange problem: I recently used a plug-and play microphone, and now my speaker volume for voice audio is extremely low. Even on random youtube videos I can hear the background music but the voices are only faint. I did not know such a thing was possible.

The background music also sounds different. The guitar sounds are more pronounced but there is little to no bass

This is the microphone I used: Logitech USB Desktop Mic

I am on windows 7 home 32 bit

This problem also happens on skype; I can't hear the other person at an audible level (I can hear very faint voices only)

on mp3 files in winamp the low voice volume problem is not as pronounced for some reason. The pronounced guitar/no bass effect is there.

--------------

Because this voice issue is happening in multiple programs, and it started right after I plugged in the mic and Windows 7 installed it, I believe the operating system has been misconfigured.

Anyone seen this type of issue before?

Thanks for any advice

Yes. It sounds like the polarity is reversed on one speaker. That would cancel anything center panned.

Thanks for the info--any idea how I can fix it? I bought this Mic to do some audio recordings for my business and everything is on hold because if this issue. :eek:

Back