Vocal Recording distortion in sound!!!

turnerkj

Hi,
I have an issue with vocal recording that has just started recently out of no where. I have been using my current setup for a few months with no issue and now all of a sudden this. It has only happened (so far) during vocal recording, either dynamic or condenser mic being used. But I am getting a 10 second or so distortion in the sound while the track is armed and recording, almost a dragging slure sound. When played back it sometimes records this blip in sound, other times it does not. Latency is the first thing that comes to mind, but why all of a sudden? And when the song only currently has two tracks (guitar and the vocal being laid at that time) on it. I have had this happen while using my shure sm7 and also audio technica condenser. The gear I am using is as follows. Zoom R16 as AI through a run of the mill toshiba lap top with Mixcraft 6 software as the program. Running vocals through a DBX 286s Microphone Pre-amp Processor and a cloudlifter.

Ive read about adjusting buffering...? I've read about software vs. AI sample rates not matching....?

Just fishing... I have just now started trouble shooting so any input is greatly appreciated. FYI I am newb with a couple years of home hobbyist experience under the belt.

Back