Using two Tascam US-122L at the same time.

chrisbagi

Hi all,

Need advise, I have a Tascam US-122L, and I know a guy who has one also and is selling it dirt cheap. I was wondering if I get the second Tascam US-122L, will I be able to use them both at the same time almost like daisy chain them, in other words if I can record 4 input tracks at once with the two units on the computer using Cubase LE4, I am wondering if anyone has tried this.

Thanks.

I have a PC Quad core 2.9Ghz 8gbs ram, Just to see if it's possible to plug them both into the USB ports on the PC as I have 6 of them.

I'm 99% sure that aggregate devices are not supported on pcs. I think the asio drivers support one device at a time.

There are exceptions; Devices like maudio deltas and terratec ews88mt/phase88's can run in pairs or more, but the manufacturers specifically programmed that into the drivers.

Check the manufacturers site to be sure. If it's possible, they'll be bragging about it.

If not, I'm afraid it's a no.

Your probably right, as they only program the drivers to use only one at a time, I went to the Tascam forum website, unfortunately I have to pay 4.00 dollars to become a member so I can't do a proper search, I would look at them one at a time, but takes forever. I'll keep scouting maybe theres a way, I don't wanna spend the cash if I don't have too. if not then I have to go and buy a sound card that has more than 4 inputs and records 4 tracks at a time.

You might find this useful.

At a glance it says what i said, so yeh, unless you have access to a mac it looks like an upgrade is in order.

4 bux to join a MANUFACTURER'S forum.:wtf: That is shameful.:spank: If you bought their gear, the least they should do is allow you to join their piss-ant forum for free.:mad:

Thanks, that was good find, as I read though what the other guy was trying to do, I guess an upgrade is in order.

Hi Steveb,

Ya 4 bucks to join, they do this to control spam, but coming from a company like Tascam you would expect better. I don't really care for it, as homerecording.com is the best one around and it's free. I checked out the tascam forum as it will only let you lurk around and seen nothing really of interest, maybe some stuff but that all depends on the individual.

Cheers.

Someone here should change their password and personal info on Tascam's forum to something very generic, change their email account attached to a new email account for that forum only, then tell us all what his username and password there is...

Someone here should change their password and personal info on Tascam's forum to something very generic, change their email account attached to a new email account for that forum only, then tell us all what his username and password there is...

I +1 this with all of my heart and loins. :laughings:

Back