Using Lexicon Alpha interface for recording in stereo.

grumb

I just purchased the Alpha interface in order to use both line ins 1 and 2 on the back in order to record in stereo into Ableton live 9. However, Alpha seems to be splitting line in 1 into stereo and not reading audio from line 2. I'm using an RCA to dual 1/4 inch cable to run each channel from my Boss SP-505 analog sequencer (with the RCA side) to the line ins on the Alpha (with the dual 1/4 inch side), but not getting line 2 as it's own channel. Is there a way to use the Alpha to record the stereo signal from my sequencer so that it retains the panning effects as it sends the audio into Ableton's software? I've tried every configuration I could think of. Please help!

THanks

I'm just not seeing the setup, I guess. Why would you need dual 1/4"?
Hook RCA out on L to input 1 (single 1/4") and RCA out on R to input 2 (single 1/4"). Then make sure Ableton is set to listen in stereo (or dual mono). If it's working for 1 and not for 2 try swapping cables and see if 2 comes through. Might be a cable.

The answer would be in Ableton, not the interface...

Yup.

In Ableton Live 9, go to Options then Preferences. Click on the "Input Config" button and select the "1 Mono 2 Mono" button or the "1 and 2 Stereo" button depending on your preferences. Note that there's a funny where you can both selected at once which I suspect might mess things up.

I'd probably go for two mono tracks even with a stereo input because of the options that gives me...but that's a purely personal preference and you can do it either way.

Back