Use Lavry as clock for 192's?

caldrenfitz

I have a Lavry AD122-96 MK II mastering analog to digital converter, which I wanted to set up as the clock for my 192's. I have 3- 192's and a Apogee Rosetta 800 (2 192's are linked, and the other 192 and Rosetta are linked) but I continue to have clock sync issues, and problems getting Protools 10 to get signal through them.
Can anyone assist me in figuring out why there are so many hiccups, and sometimes it works and mostly it doesn't?
Can I use the Lavry as a clock, or do I need to get the Big Ben or something like that?
Would the clock syncing be the cause or at least a factor of Protools not coming through?

Just to get the basics out of the way, what's the string now? - master is?, all others on external- WC?, DAW on external to what?
What kind of hick ups?

I apologize for taking your time. The Lavry wasn't set up properly to be a clock source, so once I get that figured out, I can start troubleshooting again. I think we have several hardware issues that will need to be addressed as they are singled out. Thank you for your time.

It might seem counter-intuitive but the received wisdom is to use the WORSE device as the master clock.

In this case this will be one of the 192 cards most likely because they are the oldest technology.

More about this can be found over at Sound on Sound forum. (I will look for a link).

https://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jun10/articles/masterclocks.htm

Not quite what I wanted but the conclusions are well worth a read!

Dave.

Last edited:
Back