USB interface output too quiet

mcowing

New monitors, new setup, new DAW, older interface
ASUS maximus hero vii on board soundcard
Windows 10 pro 64bit
M-Audio USB duo interface
mackie CR4bt monitors
just started using Ableton Live, also been using Reason 6 for years.

The output signal from the USB duo is very quiet and I need to turn the monitors up quite high to get a decent volume. In contrast to match the volume coming from any other application (itunes, youtube, whatever) I have to turn the system volume down to about 25%. The USB duo does not have a master output volume knob. Is there anything I can do here? An internet search concluded that Ableton doesn't have a built in output/monitoring volume boost.

I've been using a custom high quality splitter to join my computer output and my interface output to both come through my monitors. I did this because otherwise I can't use other applications that require audio while using Ableton or Reason, because ASIO4all only allows one application at a time. I'm sure this setup isn't ideal and any alternatives to get the same result would also be appreciated.

I use ASIO4all because the m-audio drivers are very old, winXP only, and didn't have much functionality anyway.
Thanks!

I have. Without the interface or ASIO the volume is the same as any other system sound or application like iTunes or YouTube/internet browser. With I use ASIO with my interface the volume is very low.

Back