usb interface

Your speakers will have to be hooked up to the interface rather than the computer sound card but it works.

The big quality gain will be on the recording side, not so much the playback so you might not hear much difference on simple playback tasks.

Actually, you can continue to use your PC's soundcard and computer speakers for listening to youtube (if you want). You just need to select the PC soundcard as your audio device. If you leave the power off to your interface, then the computer should 'choose' the soundcard by default, then when you kick on your DAW, turn on the interface first, and if you have selected the interface as your audio device in the DAW, it will automatically choose it.

Yup, that works too. However, if you only have one set of speakers you may want them connected to the interface when recording and mixing and swapping the cable can be a pain in the posterior. Also, depending on the setup, that may limit you to MME (rather than ASIO) drivers which can cause latency issues. Unless there's a good reason not to, I'd just use the USB interface for everything.

(OT aside, I'm told my Skype phone calls sound almost broadcast quality when I use expensive mics and a digital mixer for them instead of the built in laptop mic!)

im gonna throw in another problem for all you good people heres what i have now alto l6 mixer behringer uca 202.How would you all set this up please?

There should be no issues. you might need a converter cable.. but they don't cost much.
i have some corsair PC gaming speakers it came with 3 inputs.. so i can hook up what i want when i want =)

Back