USB Connection to Laptop For Tascam US122

tommyworks

I have had my Tascam US122 connected to a tower PC using a USB. The mixer worked using power supplied via this usb connection. Now when I connect same usb to usb port on my new laptop, it will not power up the mixer.
Any explanation why it won't power up or ideas on what to try?
Thanks.
TOMMYWORKS

The blue stripe 122 ? I would first look at the OS and drivers

What the heck does 'blue stripe 122' mean?

Is that a Vietnam thing?

Anyway, yeah garww is right. First check the drivers for the US122 are up to date for the OS your laptop is running.

Then come back if you have issues.

The Blue stripe is the USB 1. Everyone should have one : )

"the US-122 from TASCAM and Frontier Design Group"

The stripe isn't too difficult;
240868000000000-00-500x500.jpg

Tommy, by 'mixer' can I guess you mean the 122 Audio Interface? Just want that nailed down you see!

I had a S/H 122 for a bit, was not impressed, mic amps low gain and not particularly quiet. The AI is no longer current and the new Tascam products get some good rep'.

The fail to run on the laptop could be due to low USB power delivery. The 122 can only be bus powered. You could try it on a powered USB hub but AIs often do not like hubs for other reasons. You can also buy a 'Two A plugs to one B plug' USB cable (sold for outboard optical drives) this doubles the power capability of the USB source.

Final thought. The USB port on the laptop, not USB THREE is it? I did not know for AGES that one of the ports on this HP lappy was 3.0! The 122, being an OLD AI (!) might not work on 3.0...SHOULD be backwards compatibly but, di-da?? (Ooo! Jusfort, I bet the 122 is actually USB 1.1?)

Dave.

Yus, USB 1.1, so that is far away from 3.0. Also there seem to be no Win 7 drivers?

Dave.

Well, there are three 122 the Frontier, 122l ?, and the mkII. or, something like that : )

If it is the blue stripe, the driver was buggy for me regarding start up and shutdown state. Been awhile, but I think I tried to keep it unplugged when I wasn't in the DAW ?

Back