US or UK ?!? what do i do

CounterToAttack

Hiya

Im back after building my new PC which is running with no quarms at all at the moment. So the time has now come to buy the Omni Studio, but im at an impass.. Do i

a) Buy it from the UK (where i live)

b) Buy it from America

in the UK it normally retails at around £500 - $700, and the cheapest ive seen it is mail order at £400 - $560. The thing is ive seen it on ebay, for like £250 - $350 average from US stores who trade on ebay. thats a big saving for me.

SO where do i get it. Will i need alot of support. will i get it. what if it breaks.

any advice from peeps. especially uk people who have bought the omni from the US will be gratefully recieved.

Richard

I think you will run into voltage difference difficulties with the US version as I understand the breakout box w\preamps on the omni requires mains power. I don't own one so I'm not 100% on this but I'm pretty sure this is the case.

pAp.

ahhhhh... good point well made. though i think you can buy a £10 adapter from most high street electrical stores so its not too much of a major problem. maybe i should haggle M-audio or maybe make friends with someone/get a job at a music store so they can order it me at cost.

£400 is just alfully steep. and thats the price on special offer. wonder if there will be a price cut soon. !?!? ave m-audio got any new products coming out to overshadow the omni..hense the price should drop ?!?!?

Richard

Na they are £400. The co is Millennium Music. I ordered mine today. they branches in Notting ham and London. Saw their add in SOS.

CounterToAttack

I'm a Brit living in the US, so I'm very careful about buying electrical goods as I'll only be here a couple of years. Anyway I recently bought an Omni - it's powered by a "wallwart" power supply. Nothing fancy and easy enough to replace with a 240V version. So if you can get one at US prices and the postage etc is OK I would go for it. Warranty might be tricky though.

ahh i see the price has dropped abit more then.. digital village was the place i found which was cheapest but since i live in nottingham (kind of..) and i know where abouts millenium music is i might give em a call. i just couldnt find it on there website before..

thanks
Richard

Mine arrived today from Millennium. Ordered it yesterday. I am very happy with it so far. The offer isnt on their website (thier site s abit outdated!).

Yep. It is just that it doesnt show you the special offer on their website. It is advertised in magazines but if you phone them they will confirm that the price is 350.

Back