Upgrading PC Soon,.. want a new Interface as well.. Suggestions?

WERNER 1

Hey guys,.. it's been sometime since I've been on here,.. but you guys were SOOOoo helpful in the past when I first built my current "Studio"..

I've been using an old 2005 Dell PC (2.8Ghz,.. blah,.blah..) and a Delta 1010 w/ several different preamps as my main set up..

Well as time goes on and my projects become bigger (Doing some video stuff as well now..) .. it seems that it's just too taxing for my current set up.. :(

So that's where you guys come in :D ... I'm thinking of ditching the Delta for an all in one 4-8 Channel interface with built in pre's,.. I'm thinking some where in the 500-800.00 range on that purchase (???) .. I've not really kept up with all the new stuff that's came out over the past few years,.. may be able to push the budget up around 1000.00 if need be,..

Anyway,.. I'm open to some suggestions as to which interface would be the "Best bang for your buck" in this situation..

Thanks in advance,
Rick

I use the Presonus Firestudio Project. 8 preamps. 2 of them are also Hi-Z for like a direct guitar or bass, the other 6 also being line level. Phantom power 48v in pairs, so channel 1+2, 3+4, etc. Can add another 2 channels via S/PDIF. 8 outputs [one for each channel], plus stereo monitor outputs, being the "main out". I believe inserts for channels one and two as well. Connects via firewire, so you'd have to make sure your motherboard came with a firewire chipset, or buy a PCI firewire card to add to it. Texas Instruments are generally where you want to have your firewire from. Also check out other Presonus stuff, especially if you'd rather go USB or something.

A lot of love for tascam it seems on these forums, so that could be a good place to look at stuff too. =]

Back