Upgrade to Art Usb Dual Pre

Mr. Cachi

Hey guys, since I learned how to record on the computer, I´ve been using the Art Usb Dual Pre as an audio interface. Its not bad, but I think it´s time to get a better gear. What do you recomend? I´m looking for an upgrade, but nothing really expensive

Hey guys, since I learned how to record on the computer, I´ve been using the Art Usb Dual Pre as an audio interface. Its not bad, but I think it´s time to get a better gear. What do you recomend? I´m looking for an upgrade, but nothing really expensive

Do you intend to keep the Dual Pre when you get another A1? If so look for one with two additional line inputs because then you will get 4 mic tracks (come out of the DP's inserts) plus you will retain any "attitude" you may have come to love from the pre amp.

The Art is 16bits only and I suspect suffers the noise and poor latency issues associated with bog S "generic" USB audio devices. Almost any AI is therefore going to be a step up.

I am bound to suggest the Native Instruments KA6 am I not?! $200ish, has the 2 mic +2 line ins +MIDI +S/PDIF. Very solid drivers and the lowest latency you will get this side of RME.

Dave.

Back