Upgrade advice Monitor 8 And Servo 260 amp..

Shagamatula

Hi guys need advice. I have Samson Servo 260 Studio 120 Watt And DAS momitor 8 speakers (unpowered). I have had the same setup for many years. I am a rock blues guitarist and have Helix rack and princeton reverb amp which I mike up to a X32 Producer to cubace on PC for sessions with the lads on saturday nights.

I want to upgrade Speakers and Servo AMP. Or is this good kit keep it?

I am not by any means an expert, maybe a closit guitarest LOL...Any advice please,,,

Thanks

What is it about the DAS speakers that you want to "upgrade"?
A quick varder tells ne a pair is capable of around 116dB SPL at a mtr and that is pretty top end for monitors (most manage 105-110) so if you want louder? Lot more money.

More and better bass? Greater extension or level means bigger boxes and drivers and probably a bigger amp..Even more money! If you want to stay with passives, the Fohhn PT-70s look luscious (SoSound Nov 17) but $5k ish! They are PA speakers of course but very, very good sound quality.

Maybe you are thinking to sell the amp/passives rig and go actives? Probably a good move but again, getting a significant increase in level or bass performance is going to cost.

Dave.

THanks very much for reply. I will keep present the kit as there ary no obvious issues with the setup. Thanks a million for advice.

Back