Unable to activate TrakAx Pro

ultrarunner2015

Hi;
I have been using High Andes TrakAx pro for several years. I started with ver 3.01, and upgraded over the years to ver 5.01. I purchased a license for the software, but only have one activation code (which was issued for ver 3.01), as I believe the newer versions were all upgrades and used the same license.
In any case, I have been working with this software on my PC on Windows 10.
Now, I have decided to go back to Windows 7, and trying to get TrakAx to activate has been impossible.
Every time I try to activate, I get error -20. When I try to find the High Andes / TrakAx servers, it appears they are off-line, and worse yet, the company has gone defunct. So no matter what I do, I will be unable to continue using this software on Windows 7.

While attempting to activate on Windows 7, I recalled that TrakAx could only be licensed for one PC, even though I have a dual-boot, and can never use both OS's at the same time.
So I de-activated the program on Windows 10 (that process completed successfully), thinking that I would then be able to activate on Windows 7. This was all before I learned that the activation servers were no longer available.
No luck. I was not able to activate on Windows 7, nor can I re-activate on Windows 10. So, it looks like I'm going to be using Audacity, or another free program, or go way back to Cool Edit 2000, which isn't a bad editing program - but it lacks the capability to use the newer compression algorythims like m4p, ogg, etc.

I do have one last resort, and that is to restore the image of my Windows 10 install from about 3 weeks ago. I won't lose much, but it will mean that I can never work with TrakAx on Windows 7, so I will need to keep Windows 10 on the machine if I want to work with TrakAx. Maybe that's not such a bad idea, but I am sure there are better programs out there - either free, or at a home recording friendly price ($50 and under?).

So, the reason I am posting is that I wanted to know if there was anyone else that was having the same issue, or had found a hack to run the software without activation.
If not, what software do you recommend? I am mostly doing mixes from mp3 and other compressed and non-compressed formats, all for my own pleasure.

Thanks
FW

Hi, I am having just the same problem. I have just built a new PC, using Windows 7, and tried to authenticate my copy of Trakax. I also get an error code 20. I have sent several emails to their customer support, without reply. Not surprising if they are now defunct!

I have used Trakax for several years to produce slideshows, from collections of jpg's with some video clips and sometimes music. The end result I save as an mp4 which can be viewed on the TV.

Seems I will need to keep the old PC going just for Trakax, unless somebody has a fix, or can recommend an alternative?

Cheers, Kevin.

I've looked into some of those "crack" websites, but don't trust any of them. I can do without TrakAx, as I don't deal with video files, but I do like some of the effects TrakAx has, like speeding up or slowing down the song while preserving pitch. I'm using Audacity now; not sure if I can get it to do that, but it does have lots of really nice features.
I may just restore that Win 10 backup so I will at least have TrakAx back. No real issue to keep Win 10.

I'll post here if I find a solution.

Frank

Update:
I restored the backup (disk image) of Win 10 I had made before this TrakAx problem began, but was still unable to activate the software. That is because I actually was successful in de-activating it while I was trying to install on Win 7. Very strange that whatever server is running the de-activation process does not run the activation. Perhaps this was done deliberately, to prevent anyone from trying to get support from the now defunct company, while allowing de-activations would promote that concept by reducing the number of licensed users (who, like me tried to upgrade their computers and required a re-install of TrakAx).
My next step was to contact Nalperion, the licensing service which handled TrakAx licensing. I am waiting on a reply from them, but not holding my breath. Nalperion is a large company dealing with large scale licensing scenarios, but is worth a try. I'm hoping that they can provide me with a special code or maybe a registry hack that would get TrakAx working again.

In any case, it may all not be worthwhile, as there are so many other apps (some of them free) which can do what TrakAx does.
If the comapny - High Andes - who owned the rights to TrakAx were here in the U.S.A., I might consider trying to initiate a class-action lawsuit, but being that they're somewhere in the UK (I think Ireland), I can't go that way.

Again, I'll keep you posted.

Frank

Last edited by a moderator:
Update:
I restored the backup (disk image) of Win 10 I had made before this TrakAx problem began, but was still unable to activate the software. That is because I actually was successful in de-activating it while I was trying to install on Win 7. Very strange that whatever server is running the de-activation process does not run the activation. Perhaps this was done deliberately, to prevent anyone from trying to get support from the now defunct company, while allowing de-activations would promote that concept by reducing the number of licensed users (who, like me tried to upgrade their computers and required a re-install of TrakAx).
My next step was to contact Nalperion, the licensing service which handled TrakAx licensing. I am waiting on a reply from them, but not holding my breath. Nalperion is a large company dealing with large scale licensing scenarios, but is worth a try. I'm hoping that they can provide me with a special code or maybe a registry hack that would get TrakAx working again.

In any case, it may all not be worthwhile, as there are so many other apps (some of them free) which can do what TrakAx does.
If the comapny - High Andes - who owned the rights to TrakAx were here in the U.S.A., I might consider trying to initiate a class-action lawsuit, but being that they're somewhere in the UK (I think Ireland), I can't go that way.

Again, I'll keep you posted.

Frank

Sorry to hear you're having problems with a legitimately purchased program. I hope you find some relief of some sort. Never heard of TrakAx and it doesn't sound very reliable. Best bet would be to just spend the money and move on to another, well supported, product. Reaper, Cubase, Sonar, etc.

Homerecording.com doesn't condone stealing software. Because of that, discussions on cracks, hacks, etc are not allowed. Even though your software is legit, we don't want software pirates finding topics about cracking it through internet searches and coming here. I edited your post to remove the reference. If that is the means you used to solve your problem, please don't talk about it here.

Thnx.
Chili
(moderator)

Sorry about that. I think I'll take your advice and just forget about the software. It's not worth my time, and it wasn't expensive. Since I'm not doing much with video, I have been using Audacity. It's great that I can use that software in both Windows and Ubuntu Linux.

Sorry about that. I think I'll take your advice and just forget about the software. It's not worth my time, and it wasn't expensive. Since I'm not doing much with video, I have been using Audacity. It's great that I can use that software in both Windows and Ubuntu Linux.

Yes, I too have given up on Trakax. After trying a few free programs I have now settled on PhotoStage Slideshow Producer. This is free for home use and seems to do what I need, rather better than Trakax actually!

help with Trakax pc

I am facing with my video editing software Trakaxpc. As the official support has vanished suddenly, I would be much grateful if anyone here can throw light on the issue i am facing. Thanks much in advance

The issue: All of a sudden (i think i pressed some key while holidng CTRL/SHFT) the layout of my working screen got messed up. I am unable to see the "mixing window" and "video output" screen at the same time together. I can only see either of them by switching between the screens. When i use the tool bar to open 'prompt', 'media browser', 'track cutter', i can see all of them together with the 'media ouput' screen side by side as they should. I am attaching two pics of my current screens.
ibb.co/dfafxG
ibb.co/bEwncG

What should be doing to see mixing screen and output at the sametime? I shall be much grateful for your help as many of my projects are stuck and cant find anyone of the net so far to ask this.

Wish you a very happy new year

kind regards
shank

Back