uhmmm, what does a DECENT preamp cost?

guhlenn

Oh REALLY????
please no jokes about the art mp at radio shack this time
serious; what does it cost and where can i get it?
(well , mostly at ebay but then i need a name!

thanx guhlenn
ps i almost forgot: i wanna hook it up to a aardvark 24 or something like that and need to put 8 mic's in!

They want me to NAME NAMES!

Most of the pres you'll see discussed in this forum are either mono or stereo. That's means you're looking for 8 pre-amps (or 4 stereo pres) to connect to that aardvark or something... :)
Dobro's tried repeatedly to nail it down from the comments in the peanut gallery about our favorite pres for the price.
What he came up with is that the pres start sounding good at around $200/channel. And that plenty of folks would argue that this number should be $100 or $500. But if you want 8, maybe you should just price out a mixer that has direct outs for multitracking and a pile of nice pres?
It's like the rest of the mixer is free!

i was kinda afraid of that...
well then i will be getting a mixer or the aardvark q32.

thanks
guhlenn

A Mackie board will do you nicely. The Mackie pre's are GOOD. They aren't GREAT. They aren't AWSOME on one thing but CRAP on another, they are just GOOD on both. :D No seriously, before you get into looking at getting an army of outboard pres, get a mixer first. A mixer and just one or two outboard pre's for a little color IMHO will give you more for your money than 8 outies.

-jhe

sorry for my stupidity but what is IMHO?
and have you ever heard of INKEL STAGEMASTER?
we found that in our bassplayers house so.
it has a stereo inout for line /mic on one channel, do you get that? i don't.
I'm thinking about getting the aardvark still though the mixer idea maybe cheaper...
shit i still don't know what to get...
ah well, just more conversation for this board!
greetz guhlenn

thanx,
maybe we can stick our heads together and be even DUMBER!
i 'd like that!

;-)
greetz guhlenn

Back