UA Setup

Groundmagnet

I have a UA Apollo twin as my main interface. I recently added a Focisrite Octopre Dynamic to bring my total inputs to 10. I am using the clock on the octopre and setting the Apollo off that so I can use all inputs.

I use Logic for recording. When I have it configured this way, I get no outputs to monitors or headphones. To monitor I have to change settings back to apollo as the clock and basically disconnect the Octopre.

Am I missing something?

Is there a software routing app that you use for the Apollo?

Are you seeing the added channels actually recording, ie the input side is working correctly?

I have a Focusrite AI with Behri ADA8200 so similar kind of configuration. It’s the Focusrite Mix Control software that does all the routing stuff and tells the AI to lock to the external clock. Logic only sees the Focusrite as input/output and so nothing changes there.

The apollo is directly connected to the Mac with a firewire. I can see the added channels. The Focusrite is connected to the Apollo with an optical cable.

To actually use the additional inputs, I have to change the clock on the UA computer console to ADAT and then change the I/O presets to mapped channels I did. It will record fine. Problem is you cannot hear anything while recording, nor listen to a guitar track for instance when recording vocals.

For some reason the Avalon won't work going directly into the Apollo. I get no signal at all when on line input on the Apollo Twin

The only way I have found to get around this is changing the output settings to "built in output" and running headphones off the computer.

I too have a firewire interface (connected to a Mac) with ADAT connected via single optical cable, and the ADAT being the master clock. Works fine.

I'd have to guess it's something in the Apollo s/w configuration utility, but I'm sure you read this end-to-end. I'd definitely contact Apollo if someone doesn't provide a quick answer here (or anywhere else you might have asked!).

yeah, UA seems pretty adamant about using the Apollo as the clock source. Why can't you switch over to the Apollo?

I am one of the few who have the Apollo but I never tried to connect an external device to it.

yeah, UA seems pretty adamant about using the Apollo as the clock source. Why can't you switch over to the Apollo?

I am one of the few who have the Apollo but I never tried to connect an external device to it.

I tried doing that, but then could not get the octopre to work. I must be missing something. If I change the octopre to ADAT clock, no dice. Inputs won't work.

Hi,
I think a bit depth, or sample rate, mismatch between devices can cause problems like this.
Visit 'Audio Midi Setup' and check the settings for each device, if you haven't done so already.

Hi,
I think a bit depth, or sample rate, mismatch between devices can cause problems like this.
Visit 'Audio Midi Setup' and check the settings for each device, if you haven't done so already.

Have not done that. I'll give that a try! Both devices are on 44.1 kHz.

Back