Track Counts with a single 7200 rpm HD

Warlock,

It's VIA based I think, because I am using an Athlon 1ghz. I did install the 4 in 1 driver when I first got my Mobo Asus A7V133 because it wouldn't recognize my Realtec NIC.
Would the bus mastering control drivers have any effect on my onboard Promise controller? I have an onboard Promise ATA100 controller with all 4 of my HDs on it. The other IDEs have my CDRoms.

Ernie,

How do you switch from ASIO drivers? Would that be the driver for my Delta 1010?

Last edited:
I tried a Quantum Atlas HD with an Adaptec AHA 2940 controller. It gets high marks with Echo Reporter with a peak read time of about 20 meg/s allowing 233 simultaneous tracks but varies a lot. Playback is no better though. The 24bit 48k song still has drop out.

HDTACK rated it at
Seek time : 9.7ms
MBPS : 28.7
CPU Usage: 3.8%

Using the SCSI drive, I tried taking out all the plugins which improved performance to where I had all the tracks playing with no drop out. I have to try it with the Ultra ATA 100 and see.

I guess its the Plugins that are choking up the system. These plugs are needed though. I guess I am going to have to focus on getting a dual processor system.

Any suggests for that?

OLA,

I read the suggested link on RAID 0+1 and am wondering how much of an increase in read performance are you talking about.
Did you use HD Tach or Echo Reporter to bench mark? What is the unbuffered read time?

Kaos

Back