touch screen monitors

would it be possible using a windows 7 laptop and reaper to use a touch screen monitor as the control surface. something like this DELL ST2220T 21.5-inch Touchscreen Flat Panel Monitor : Monitors: Flat Screen LCD Computer Displays | Dell Canada

Just open a window on that monitor with the mixer controls on the touch creen and have the rest open on the laptop screen.

good idea or bad idea?

Possible, yes. Good idea, possibly. Depends how much time it really saves you I guess? Another screen in general is always helpful, just to move things around into a larger space. Makes it less cluttered and easier to focus. If I had a big enough desk, I'd be all over dual screen. =P

well i was thinking of building it into the desk surface or into a slide out like a keyboard drawer so i can be put away when not in use but im wondering if it would function well.

well i was thinking of building it into the desk surface or into a slide out like a keyboard drawer so i can be put away when not in use but im wondering if it would function well.

Wherever you decide to put it, I'm sure it could work well. If you do decide to do it, share some pictures with us.

I am interested in this as well, as I just got a POS computer that runs XP and has a touchscreen. I would love to use it as a control surface in Ableton...

Back