Time to move on (Audio editors)

KaBudokan

Well... a year ago or so, I was figuring that by the time I bought a new sound card, Sonic Foundry would HAVE to have released a new version of Sound Forge that supports 24 bit files. People have been complaining about it for a couple years, and since ALL their competition supports it, they would be crazy not to, right?

Well, I have a new Midiman Delta 66 card sitting here, waiting to be installed, and still no 24 bit support for Sound Forge. That sucks.

What suggestions do people have for a wav editor that is powerful, supports 24 bit, and is preferably not too difficult to learn? I have thought about Cooledit, Wavelab, etc, but don't have experience with anything but SF 4.5. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Alex

I love cool edit pro, but the batch processing is nowhere near as flexible and easy to use as the one in SF...

xoxo

Well, I have a new Midiman Delta 66 card sitting here, waiting to be installed, and still no 24 bit support for Sound Forge. That sucks.
============================================================

I once had the same problem! I was sold on Soundforge 4.5 and hated to have to make a switch. After trying every demo that I could download or find on any CD's that I had Wavelab was the winner! I don't think that there is anything else to come close to WL for PC out there. It does everything from editing, mastering to CD burning... Very KEWL program!

Back