tiger direct.com or cyberpower.com

I have used tiger direct before. I didn't buy an entire computer though. I know I have used them at least twice. But I can't remember everything that I have purchased from them. I do know I bought a printer from them. I know I was happy with both my experiences with them.

I have not use cyberpower before.

Aside from the absurdity of the story itself, there's some pretty nasty stuff being said about TigerDirect in this Slashdot thread:
http://apple.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/04/28/2214245&tid=123&tid=179&tid=3

Then again, I have an instructor that can't say enough nice things about the company, so who knows.

I have a friend who ordered all of his parts for his computer from newegg, and they were pretty pleasant to deal with, even accepted his return when he accidentally fried the motherboard during install. Good people, but their site is terrible.

Are you looking to buy a pre-built PC or just the components to build one yourself?

I actually bought a computer from CyberPower a couple years ago.

Looking back at that purchase, I can say it was pretty good, especially considering they didn't skimp out on the parts. (A very nice Abit motherboard, a then-popular Thermaltake heatsink, and a slightly modified chenming case come to mind (chenming is used by antec, among other brands)). Their customer service back then was really nice too. I don't know about now, but if they have even a bit of that, I'd definitely recommend them over Tigerdirect.

I built my first pc through Cyberpower. Back when 1gHz was killer. Everything was fine with them.

But now, however, I would recommend newegg, like someone else already has, and buy the parts to build it yourself, if you trust yourself.

I've never had any experience with TigerDirect

I have built several computers with parts from TigerDirect and NewEgg. I have never had a problem with either of them.

I've bought from both newegg and Tigerdirect and both were great!This was for parts not whole computers(though Tiger has a laptop I've been keeping an eye on)I haven't dealt with cyberpower.

tigerdirect is fine. I just heard that they are bad at honoring rebates. There's also:

zipzoomfly.com
directron.com
svc.com
monarchcomputers.com
outpost.com
all should give you good prices.

I have ordered a lot of stuff from tiger...

Motherboard.. Dead on arrival

All the other stuff I ordered turned out ok but the rebates are still not in and that was about a year and a half ago... I NEVER buy anything from them now that requires a rebate... ABSOLUTE WASTE OF TIME!

If you go with Tiger Direct, DO NOT use PayPal. They have communications problems with Tiger Direct, and TG won't be notified of your payment for a long time.

I have bought a couple off cyberpower, they are always really helpful. Even after my warranty expired, they sent me new memory when the one they included died.

real nice.

I've used tigerdirect a few times, no problems except last year when I bought an E Machines laptop. A guy called me up and kept on trying to get me to buy an extended warranty and wouldn't take no for an answer. I finally said let me just think about it for a little while and I'll give you a call back and he finally shut the $!@#$ up. I didn't call back.

I would just recommend them for parts or cheap refurbished computers.

Back