Thunderbolt 3 to USBC on Focusrite Clarett soundcard to 2016 Macbook (touchbar)

Marais

I just unpacked by new Focusrite Clarett to find that the Thunderbolt connection is the "old" one = Thunderbolt 2. I have a 2 meter cable I bought from Apple.
But of course the Macbook Pro has the new (smaller) what is known as either Thunderbolt 3 or USB-C.

Anybody can recommend an adaptor or even a cable to connect the soundcard to the computer?

Thanks in advance!

From what I can see Thunderbolt 3 is backward compatible so you should just need a generic physical connection adapter.

Apple will sell you one for £4000, or you can hit up amazon and see what's what. ;)

From what I can see Thunderbolt 3 is backward compatible so you should just need a generic physical connection adapter.

Apple will sell you one for £4000, or you can hit up amazon and see what's what. ;)

You mean of course £40 as in this cable =https://shop.imageinnetwork.fr/gb/extensions/177-adaptateur-thunderbolt-3-usb-c-vers-thunderbolt-2-apple-0888462859189.html?gclid=Cj0KEQjwuOHHBRDmvsHs8PukyIQBEiQAlEMW0BbluLbuM8O95Ehfd7e5E_bHiMqlbUUb1FO6HHz_JV0aAkJh8P8HAQ

otherwise the adaptor would cost more than the computer, microphones, and soundcard all together!:D

Last edited:
Heh, I was just making a joke.
Apple traditionally charge big money for their adapters and often there's no need.

Have a google for confirmation that the interface is going to play nice, just because that's always good advice, but, on paper, all you need is a simple adapter. :)

Back