Is there a mobo better than CUSL2?

redCashion

I have had unending problems with my current VIA mobo and the MAudio Delta 44 combination. So I am building a second computer that will be only for sound, with a great deal of attention to the pieces I am using to build it. So far I have a SWEET case (http://www.directron.com/sx1030b.html) :p

Now I need an equally sweet motherboard, I am wondering if the CUSL2-C is still the best motherboard out there for a P3 1Gig chip? I have heard about the new TUSL mobo but haven't heard any comments about it..... Or has someone surpassed Asus altogether? Any thoughts?

The CUSL2-C is not available to me anymore, it's being phased out and replaced by the TUSL2-C.

I'd go with the TUSL2-C. I've built a few machines around it (not for audio though, but I'm sure it will work fine) and it is very similiar to the CUSL2-C, except it has support for the Pentium III Tualatin chips.

Nice case, however if your recording in the same room with it, I predict some side cutters to those case fans in no time... :)

Emeric, are you saying that my case fans will need to be replaced? How can you tell, because they are stock fans? Btw, I think the case has the ability to use 4 fans, would it be complete overkill (not to mention loud) to use all four?

As for the TUSL, I did a search here and it seems that this the first time it has ever been mentioned in this forum. Has anyone used the TUSL for recording?

no no.

Sorry, shoudn't be so cryptic.

I mean that pc's are so f**king noisy that you won't want to even use those case fans, if your tracking in the same room as your pc. Yes 4 fans would be overkill and noisy. The Intel chips don't run that hot. AMD is another story. If your room temperature stays at around 70, then you should be ok with stock fan on the cpu and power supply fan.

The TUSL2-C is the replacement and it looked identical to me. Go with it, it's as good as any other option at the moment. It's a new board, like 5 weeks old so I'm not surprised it hasn't been mentioned.

Indeed.

Since PIII higher than 1000 Mhz came out, the TUSL2-C was introduce to replace the CUSL2-C because the latter didn't support processors over 1K. Both boards are the same in all other aspects.

Back