Terratec and windows XP-who's had experience?

Flick

OK...i think i have troubleshooted my way to where the problem lies with my Terratec EWS88d sound card. I have windows XP, and am running a connection to my yamaha 01v via adat.

on the audiosystem properties for the ews88d, my digital driver is not digitally signed. I read that this may cause incompatibilities with my sound card.

I went to the website, and they pretty much said, do not call about this because we don't have any answers.

So to the experts out there, I am begging you! does anyone know how to get this fixed?

Sincerely yours,
Without Sound for Weeks

Which drivers? The XP drivers aren't on the CD. You have to download them. If you've already done that, what do you have going on in the EWS Control Panel? What audio program(s)?

Mine works like a charm.. except with GigaSampler. So much for GSIF drivers... but I think my problem is a conflict and not a problem with the card. Anywho.... if you want to make a $50, I'll buy the MIDI break-out cable from ya.

thanks for the reply

I have downloaded the drivers and unpacked them. I haven't done anything else on them. I can plug in my computer speakers into the analog output and get noise, yet i can't get anything using the adat connections.

In my properties, it tells me the card is "not digitally signed." which may be the problem.

Programs? I'm not quite sure what you mean. I am using Cubase sx on my computer, but im not sure thats the info you wanted.

Re: thanks for the reply

Flick said:
I have downloaded the drivers and unpacked them. I haven't done anything else on them. I can plug in my computer speakers into the analog output and get noise, yet i can't get anything using the adat connections.

In my properties, it tells me the card is "not digitally signed." which may be the problem.

Programs? I'm not quite sure what you mean. I am using Cubase sx on my computer, but im not sure thats the info you wanted.

that is what i was asking. in the cubase device setup, go to multi-track. there should be an option to choose asio ews88d drivers. Anywho, does the EWS88 panel show any activity? What's going in the windows device manager?

dude

you are getting me so close i can taste it.

I switched over the multi-track to ewsd in cubase sx. It is on my internal clock, but there is also a spot for to go on S/PDIF clock. My yahama 01v is a slave to my computer right now, hooked up via midi as well.

I am now getting activity in my control panel. This is very very exciting since the thing was dead until now.

What does there need to be on the device manager?

Thanks so much for your time bro.

if you have activity in the control panel, you're pretty much there. are you getting activity on the yamaha coming from cubase? what about in cubase coming from the yamaha?

in your device properties, i'm guessing there isn't a red x over the ews88d in the multimedia section.

Do you have the EWS ClockWork module? If not, I don't think you can clock sync to the mixer. I don't think it will make a huge difference since you're not slaving to the mixer. Via midi, you can stil send/receive midi control messages, though.

yes

I am getting movement on my sound card. Waveplay 1/2 is jumping and the master volume is jumping.

oddly enough, i can move the master fader on the yamaha, and the waveplay 1/2 and master will go down with it.

there is the connection. I am just trying to figure out what is the problem with it. where to troubleshoot. I have taken the mixer along with a dvd player and it will play through the monitors fine.

i hook up the 01v via adat and it will read on the sound card when i move the faders. I turn off the mixer and it will make a click in the speakers as well.

if i plug my computer speakers into the analog out connection, sound will come out on multi media stuff, such as mp3s. but not in cubase.

here are the only problems i can think of:

My sound card isn't installed properly. It gives me an error message when I open it, because i believe it thinks i want the 88mt. right after the message, the 88d opens.

the digitally signed part has a lot to do with it. Mine says it is not. would that make the difference.

there is something i need to do with routing the signal to the right place.

thats all i can think of. i think #2 is the best best, but im not sure how to fix this. to get to this area...

go to the device manager, and go to audio and sound devices. click on the ewsd and click the properties button. Go to the drivers tab and there should be something that says:Digital driver-my message after 'digital driver" is Not Digitally signed.

this may be the verdict, i dunno.

Flick said:
JR, Did you run your card on windows XP?

Nope. windows 98se for me. I have too much stuff in my PC that is not XP compatible.

I take it you still can't get it to work? If you're getting activity in the EWS88D control panel, I can't see how you're not getting an action in your yamaha mixer. Maybe the problem is on the mixer side.

wow

i got it to work!!! woo hoo!!!

thank you to all who have helped..especially JR...you're the man bro

Re: wow

Flick said:
i got it to work!!! woo hoo!!!

thank you to all who have helped..especially JR...you're the man bro

don't hold out on us! what did you do to get it to work?
I just realized that the reason you're not getting any sound of the speakers is because you can't have the asio ews88d drivers on AND the ews88d analog driver on at the same time. Cubase only let's you choose either/or. So plugging the speakers into your mixer instead of the back of the card will get you sound. Anywho, that's my guess on what you did.

yes

actually...it was something much much dumber than that.

i had the channels on the 01v 'on'...when they are 'on', nothing will play...well, switching the channels off, and boom, i got sound. i feel so dumb...but have learned alot of other stuff in the process.

thanks again man

Back