Terratec Ews88d+ Behringer Ada8000??

scanman

Has Anybody Had The Pleasure Of Using The Both Of These Together?

I Have A Terratec Ews88d Adat Card And Am Thinking Of Upgrading My Home Home Studio With The Ada8000.

Any Thoughts..

Thanks

I can't comment on the 88D myself, but I've been using an ADA8000 day in and day out for the last few months and am very happy with the value it provides. The pres are decent sounding and slightly lower gain, but quite usable on your typical condensers. (I plug my dynamics into my DMP3 and Presonus pres...) I'm still looking to upgrade to a better set of pres, but even once I get my M-audio Octane or Digimax, I'll keep the ADA for line-level sources.

Oh, and I know a few people on the Cakewakl forums are using an 88D with the Behringer with no problems I've heard of...

You should be able to hook the ADA8000 directly to the EWS88D via fiberoptic cables. You can set the ADA8000 as master and slave the EWS88D to it or vice-versa. For the first option, set the switch on the back of the ADA8000 to "Master" along with the sampling rate you want to use, then go to the EWS88D Control Panel, click on "Settings" and "External". Assuming the ADA8000 is connected and powered, the window next to "External" will display the frequency of the master clock from the ADA8000, and the "Master" light will be illuminated on the face of the ADA8000. To do it the other way around, click on "Settings" on the EWS88D control panel, and select "Internal" (and the sampling rate you will use) to set it as a master, and set the switch on the back of the ADA8000 to "Slave/ADAT In". If everything is in synch, the "Lock" light on the front of the ADA8000 will be on. My experience with ADAT lightpipe is that it is very easy and reliable.

Back