Tascam US1800 Troubleshooting

I Got Riffs

I just bought this interface the other day and I'm having issues with it. I'm using it with Windows 8 64bit, Core i7, and FL Studio. It works great for a few minutes and I can record great sounding tracks(I have a full drumkit mic'd up and I'm using all 8 of the XLR inputs simultaneously). But every so often, perhaps when there is an underrun, instead of a momentary glitch that would go mostly unnoticed, it starts processing audio very slowly and with a huge amount of digital noise. I can reset it by switching to another driver and then back to the US1800 but I'm having to do this multiple times per session. A buffer size of 12ms is a little high for drums, but I don't think that even resolved it anyway.

I believe this video is describing my problem accurately:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfIQIXUv7mE

I tried disabling the network adapters, but it was still acting up. As I mention in the comments, I had the same problem with a Line 6 UX2 at some point. But that was years ago and I don't remember how I resolved it, but it's been working fine since.

I had some trouble with mine, on Win7 or 8, here is what seemed to correct the problem for me. Go into the plugged in mode and make sure nothing turns off, USB ports, hard drives, anything shuts down will screw up most USB interfaces.

Here is a quick find from Personus Power Settings but it is the same issue regardless of interface.

Back