Tascam us-2000

GaragemRecords

Good afternoon,

I've just received a TASCAM US-2000 interface. It comes with Cubase LE4, but I wan't it to function with Audacity aswell. So far we've been able to record the 1st and 2nd input channels of the interface (which are paired together, we set them as one stereo channel). We've tried recording in Cubase too, and we can only record inputs 1&2 aswell. Our priority is Audacity, because of its simplicity, and we want Audacity to record all input channels of the interface. Does anyone have any ideia on how to do this?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. If possible, respond to this thread quickly, as we've only got 30 days to try-out the product before we have to ship it back for a refund.

Only thing I could suggest, is unhook the Tascam & delete drivers. Reboot.
Then, hook Tascam back up and re-install drivers. Reboot.
Check if it works.
And you want it to install Tascam driver not a Windows generic USB Audio driver

It done the trick on other soundcards for me inthe past. Even I've read re-boot twice each time.

I hope you get this resolved. At my local music store, people brink in their laptops and sound cards all the time for them to go through this stuff. Can you try that if what I suggested doesn't work?

It is a buss issue. I had the same trouble when using Cubase. I'm not sure how to do it in Audacity but in Cubase go to "VST Connections" and select them all in there. Also go into device setup and make sure everything is properly selected. My version of Cubase ran out of free usage so I can open it and talk you through it more proper but if you need more help i can prolly register it.

My trouble with it now is that the volume drops in the headphone out, the monitor out and all 4 line outs, while at the same time seems to cause a "skip" in the actual audio track of the song.

Back