TASCAM US-1800 in REAPER

Big Mike B

Hi, me again.
My Tascam US-1800 arrived today. Plugged it in, installed drivers and fired up Reaper.

It's only allowing me to access two inputs (mic 1 and mic 2). How can I access the other (mic 2-6, line 9-10, etc. ) inputs in Reaper?
I'm sure that there is a quick solution to this, just haven't found it yet. Help please?
P.S I'm out for the night, won't be able to reply.

Hi there,
I see you're only down the road. I'm near Belfast.

From what I can see, reaper wants you to select the first and last inputs in the preferences panel.
Once you do that, all the ones in between should be available to you.

Have you done this?
pSlh3Og.png

Yes I did that, but for the first and last it only shows "mic in 1" and "mic in 2"

Hi Mike, On the right side of the selection boxes there's downward facing triangles?,,Have you tried clicking on them to get all available inputs?

Mike, checked my system, Audio Device setting, make sure you have US-1800 selected, in the Enabled Inputs selected. On "first" you should see "Mic in 1" selected by default and then "last" one should have a down marker that will give you a list, the last two (15/16) being digital inputs. Unless you have digital inputs, select the last one in the drop box that has "Line In - 14".

Once that is setup, then when you go to Reaper for recording, insert an audio track, you will then when expand the track and right click over the input selector and choose between mono or stereo and move over the preferred selection, and choose your input.

If you don't get the last one selected in the preferences, you will not get those options. Hopefully this helps. I have tried this on both Win7 and 8.1.

The only options I get when I click the dropdown menu for enabled inputs are "mic in 1" and "mic in 2".

It has to be some setting outside of Reaper preventing it from seeing the other channels.

Now, I know you're not dumb, but "cough" make sure the unit is plugged in and turned on. Check the Tascam software is loading and recognizes the unit is ready (should be an application installed during the driver loading). That is the software/drivers Reaper uses. Double check you have ASIO selected in Audio System and in ASIO driver, US-1800 is also selected.

I am pretty sure it is something simple you're missing, so just checking everything. Also, the driver version I am using is 2_02 or something like that from around July time frame. Just making sure you have the latest drivers.

Walk through it and make sure you are not missing the obvious. Not trying to insult, but sometimes we all get a brain fart and overlook obvious stuff.

One more thing before I forget, I have read that the 1800 doesn't work with USB 3.0 ports, check that as well. You should have some USB 2.0 ports on your computer.

I'm getting signal on mics 1 and 2, so the interface is definitely on, installed and selected. From what I can remember, I'm using drivers version 2.05. I think the USB 3.0 might be where I've gone wrong, gonna have to check that when I get home, but won't know until tomorrow.

I have read that the 1800 doesn't work with USB 3.0 ports, check that as well. You should have some USB 2.0 ports on your computer.

I ran both the US1641 and US1800 on a third party USB3.0 card. Like a $20 one. That is not to say the issue isn't with the USB3 controller the OP is using.

I have no clue about Reaper setup tho. RAMI has my old 1800 now but he not been around in a while. Greg also uses Reaper and I believe he just got one too.

I am sure someone will come around with direct answers.

Best to ya! :)

So I plugged into a different USB port and Reaper picked up all 16 channels. I guess the conclusion to draw from that us that if you have USB 3.0 and are having problems with your interface, check that first. Thanks guys!!!

So I plugged into a different USB port and Reaper picked up all 16 channels. I guess the conclusion to draw from that us that if you have USB 3.0 and are having problems with your interface, check that first. Thanks guys!!!

Glad it worked out. I've heard a few people have issues with these 1800's, but it is really rare.

Another note. If you use the line in 11-14, -10/+4 switch is an impedance switch. If you want more signal, use -10, if you want less signal, +4. Might be useful information if you use them.

Back