TASCAM US-1800, possible to use more than one simultaneously?

Ancient thread so who knows if anyone will ever see this, but i succesfully used 2 us1800s today with ableton live, though I see no reason why it wouldn't have worked with the daw of your choice.

Using Asio4all was super easy to set up and aggregated the two devices into one so that I had inputs 1-32 and outputs 1-8...glorious. Tested and working at 24bit/96khz at about 4 ms latency.

My setup is windows 7 home premium on an aging Asus laptop with 8 GB ram.

It is not only possible, but works well.

Hi Nubee here ... i have pretty much the same set up so could you explain just how you set everything up?????

But the basic premise is that using ASIO4ALL you put both devices into the single driver. 32 input/8 out as ONE unit. Label it TASCAM US 3200 or something and then your DAW will see that single unit. I will give even odds that there will be problems.

Using sonar, it sees my 1641, 1800 and new 16x08 and I wired up all 16 outputs to my analog mixing board. Just works. Without thinking, I ordered 2 more 16x08, and only now learn the one driver one device rule. At first, sonar saw everything, and relabeled the new devices io with (2) and (3) indicators. Serious problems started once I rebooted. Dang it.

Back