TASCAM US-1200 no sound to PC

clconner

Hello all, I'm a newbie when it comes to home recording. I recently purchased a TASCAM US-1200 and have it connected to my desktop PC via USB. I installed the software and drivers.

When I turn on the unit, open the mixer panel software and connect my guitar, I can see the volume meters in the software changing on the input and the master. I don't, however, see any sound being sent to the PC for recording. I have the playback and recording devices in the Sound control panel set to default. What am I missing? What recording device should I be using in my software?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Chris

What DAW (recording software) are you using? You should be selecting the TASCAM as both audio input and output device in the DAW. 'Sound control panel' sounds like your Windows settings, not your DAW.

Interestingly the manual describes setting up the US1200 for Windows and Media Player via the Sound Control panel, but I see no mention of selecting the US1200 in a generic DAW through an Options/Preference menu.

Screenshot for Reaper shows where you would select the input and output device and the number of inputs/outputs associated with it (can't recall if an ASIO driver shows up in the "Audio System" box or not). Other DAW's may be similar.

Attachments

• us1200.jpg
    us1200.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 19
  • reaper.jpg
    reaper.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 12
Thanks so much guys. I was trying to use Audacity and couldn't make it work. I downloaded a few other DAWs (MuLab and Traktion) and was able to get a signal in both. It's probably an unrelated topic, but which DAW do you recommend for beginners.

Thanks so much guys. I was trying to use Audacity and couldn't make it work. I downloaded a few other DAWs (MuLab and Traktion) and was able to get a signal in both. It's probably an unrelated topic, but which DAW do you recommend for beginners.

People like their DAWs for various reasons (function, form, etc). Reaper is free to try and many here use/like it.

Reaper user here.
I do use a Tascam US144mkii with Audacity occasionally with its Tascam drivers. I wonder if Tascam changed something with the drivers for the US1200(?). I do know Audacity does not work with ASIO drivers.

Back