Tascam TM-D1000 with which soundcard?

soundprizm

I am looking to buy the Tascam TM-D1000. I now have the soundblaster live platinum. Do I need to buy another soundcard w/ TDIF or can I use my soundblaster? What I am trying to accomplish is use the 8 analog inputs and route them to 8 different channels so I have each input on a seperate track.

TDIF card

You will definitely need to get a TDIF card to record 8 separate channels on your computer. I'd suggest getting the new soundcard from tascam, the PCI-822 ($300). I believe it has 1 TDIF I/O, 2 S/PDIF ports, 2X2 midi, and a wordclock I/O. If you ever wanted to upgrade to 16 analog channels (much pricier), you'd need to buy Soundscape's Mixtreme (2 TDIF ports, $300-$450), the Tascam MA-AD8 8 channel mic pre (hooks up via TDIF and is conrtolled by faders 9-16, $359), and the IF-TD1000 expansion TDIF port for the TM-D1000 ($199). The TDIF outputs on the MA-AD8 and the IF-TD1000 would go into the 2 TDIF ports on mixtreme.

Good luck,
Eric

Do you know of any other 16 channel TDIF cards. Also, I can't find the soundscape mixtreme for anything under $500.

16 channels

I don't think there are any others that come close in quality, or price range. BTW I heard that they were $300-$400 at Guitar Center.

Eric

P.S. - What is the processor in your computer?

Sounds good, I'll have to check out guitar center. Thanks for the input. My processor is an AMD K6-2 450Mhz and I have 192mb sdram.

my mistake

I meant to ask you what your chipset was, because I know the mixtreme tends not play nice with the 751 chip (although they may just be in atlons).

Eric

P.S. - If Guitar Center does not sell the mixtreme for under $450, see if they sell the other things needed to get 16 channels (MA-AD8, IF-TD1000), that way you can try to get them to cut you a deal for buying so much.

Back