" Talk Back " device with Digi 002 rack

alecmcmahon

bassicly i've constructed a studio in my basement, one large control room, and a " vocal booth " .... i've also just bought the digi 002 rack.

i want to be able to " TALK BACK " to the vocal booth from the control room in to the headphones in the vocal booth that the singer will be using from the 002 .

any ideas?

Have a look at the Samson C-control. This is a box that goes between your audio interfaces outputs and all the monitors and headphones. It has a talkback mic built in. However, I've read that while inexpensive and one of the few things that does the job, some find it muddies the audio quality of their monitors probably due to cheapish electronics. You'd sidestep this problem if the box was only used on a dedicated headphone send.

http://www.zzounds.com/a--2676837/item--SAMCCONTROL

BrettB said:
I also have a Digi 002rack, and for talkback I just have one mic plugged in and I constantely arm the track. and send it to the headphone mix. Simple as that!

hmm, sounds easy enough , just starting to try to figure out protools, and evreything... i'll try to give it ago... but that also would probably interfere with me needing all 8 tracks, for drums or something.. you know.

Yeps, it does take one of your inputs out. I have 8 extra ADAT outputs, so mostly I have inputs enough. I don't know the features of the big knob like LAZI suggested, maybe that gves a more versatile solution.

Back