System Overload

toad_uk

I'm using an Audiophile 2496 soundcard with Logic Delta. When I try to play the demo song which comes with it Logic Delta I keep getting the following message:

System Overload.
The audio engine was not able to
process all required data in time.
(-10011)

When I click on the continue butin on the error message box there's no sound. If I stop and play again, it plays for a few seconds and then the message appears again.

Can anyone help please?

You need to optimize your setup.
Check for IRQ conflicts.
Tweak your OS.
What OS are you using?
Post the specs for your system.

I'm using a Pentium II with 64Mb RAM and Windows 98

What speed is your processor??? If it's one of the faster PII's (ie 400-450Mhz) you might be okay by adding a little ram (add at least 128Mb). Otherwise I think your system is just not powerful enough to playback the Logic Demo song : how many tracks are there?

The magic 8 ball sees an upgrade in your future.

You're probably reaching the limits of your computer, and your upgrade paths are few, aside from a major overhaul. Those first gen PII's were kinda weak - easily trumped by the older 180Mhz and 200Mhz Pentium Pro chips.

HERE IS THE ANSWER!!!!!!!!!!

You are trying to play the demo song off of the CD. That is where Logic is looking for it. Copy it to your HD.

Dont feel bad, I did it too.

But you probably will need some more horsepower.

Also try enabling DMA on your drives. It might even play from the CD if DMA is enabled.

I started off playing the demo song from the CD and initially I thought that was the problem, but I get the same problem when I copied to my hard drive and played it from there.

Unfortunatley I think you guys are right and my PC is not quite up to the job. I originally bought the card just to mix down digitally in stereo from my Roland VS, which it seems to manage, so anything else is a bonus anyway.

Its just that when I saw what I could unltimately do with the software my horizons expanded. Ah well, I guess that will have to wait.

I'll try the DMA thing though.

Thanks guys.

Tried the DMA thing and set the DMA buffer to 64K. The demo now plays all the way through. The demo has 8 tracks and I noticed they are all stereo tracks. There where a few clicks, but for what I want to do I should handle it fine.

Thanks guys.

Back