Studio One, Any New PC Available For M-Audio Audiophile 192 PCI Interface???

ThatDude

Hello,

I’m looking to put a new system together to record music. It’s been a while but I found my old M-Audio interface and got to thinking... It’s a 192K, up to 24 bit, PCI card rated for 64 bit systems. From my research it doesn’t sound like a lot of newer systems will support this card. Anyone know if I can still find, or build a PC to work with this using windows 7?

I don’t want to spend a ton of time downloading software hoping for it work...

I’m looking to share files and record new music with a friend who uses Studio One. He reccomends a PC with a Z170 motherboard or better, with 32g+ ram...

If I can get a Mac mini to run Studio One and share files then I’m more inclined to go that route and buy a new interface, rather than build a $1000+ PC (and still have to buy a new interface lol).

What do you think?

The card bus may be the only stumbling block AFAIK. Bus speeds , card size , etc have been changing pretty regularly so I would recommend finding exactly what type of card bus your pci card requires and see if it's still available in a new PC.

That’s what I have read. My card is from 2004 and from what I understand isn’t supported on the newer generation of PCs with PCI slots. (May have to do with PCIE)???

Either way I’m already over it. I found a refurbed Mac Mini quad core with 16G for a good price. I think I’m going to finally take the plunge into recording with a Mac!

I built an audio PC 5-6 years ago and it was a challenge even back then to find a current motherboard with an old school PCI slot. I did find a Z97 board that would accommodate my Delta 44. I tried shopping for a Z97 board recently and they're getting scarce and expensive since they're well out of production by now. I'd say it'd be a slim chance of finding one with a PCI slot any more. Things have been all PCIe for quite a while now.

Anyways, best of luck with the Mac route.

Back