• Seinnheiser HD650

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please specify in post - if possible) =]

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

Scorge

I've been searching for a new set of studio headphones for several months now, I currently own a pair of $20 studio headphones that have been surprisingly accurate compared to my Behringer truth monitors. The only reason I'm upgrading is not because of the quality, but because after 4 years of use they are finally breaking down on me.

Anyway, enough of the backstory - I'm currently looking at dropping a bit more money one of these guys that'll hopefully last me another 4-5 years:

Audiotechnica ATH-M50
Denon AH-D2000
Shure SRH940
Seinnheiser HD650
Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro

Price isn't an issue although I don't want to exceed the $500-600 mark. The headphones would be used for mixing so soundstage is very important as well as a flat and accurate response. I want these headphones to reveal every single shitty sounding element in a mix. Closed/open back design doesn't make a difference in my choice.
I mostly mix heavy metal and rock but I like to dabble in producing electronic, jazz, classical, and acoustic genres.

If you have any other headphone recommendations, please let me know!

Thanks!

I've got the ATH-M50, as well as the HD650, and a few others.
I use all of my midpriced headphones to good effect for tracking, noodling, etc.
But if I really want to hear what "it" sounds like without going through speakers,
I pull out the HD650's. There really is a big difference.

Thanks for the input!
Yeah the ATH-M50 looks very promising for its price, but the HD650 seems like my best bet.

Anyone else want to share their headphone experiences? :)

Back