Static/Hum From Behringer Mixer

derekp

To sum it up: I'm getting a static/hum through my mixer when I playback a recording. I've tried eliminating as much as I could to narrow this thing down, and the best I've come up with is even with phantom power off and no mic plugged into the mixer, once I normalize the audio track it is still humming/static.

Any ideas?

p.s. I feel like it is a wiring issue because there have been a few times since this happened that I've been able to record, hear my vocals and only have a little bit of hiss come through, and that's when I didn't even change settings or touch dials on the mixer. Please help.

Here's my set up:
Speakers/Monitors plug into CTRL ROOM OUT
Plugs in soundcard go into main out on mixer - main out plugs into soundcard IN
Soundcard OUT plugs into CD/TAPE IN

I've discovered the problem after reading through similar posts on this subject in which members suggested the sound card was the issue. In my case, there seems to be an issue with the wires connected to the soundcard. I unplugged the 1/4 inch cables from the sound card and plugged them back in and that seemed to do the trick. Not sure why, but I've noticed I have to tug my chords every once in a while when connections are not stable even for my monitors. Static sometimes is a sound card issue!

Because the osundcard in your ocmputer is designed to reproduce the 'beeps and boops' and to play web audio back to you. For the best A-D conversion of audio (i.e from your mixer to the computer and from the computer to the mixer), get yoruself a half decent USB audio interface.
You might even be able to eliminate the Behr mixer from your sound chain completely, as the AI will have mic preamps and audio outputs for your monitors.

Back