Starting with e-home recording guitar using iRig2 and Logic pro x

RonsterT

Hi there!

Just joined this forum (see the intro topic) and am trying to start with home recording guitar / bass and drum programming.
Online there's so much to find that its difficult to exactly find what I need.

The situation:
I have a Macbook Air that I want to use as my DAW running Logic pro x with an iRig2 interface.
Now I'm wondering if this is the right way to go.
Using the iRig with AmpliTube on my iPhone works, but then I can't change amps and cabs anymore after recording.
Should I use AmpliTube Custom Shop as a VST instead? It looks like it's working very good, but I'd like to have an Orange amp and it's d*mn expensive, so I would like to know if it's worth the money are that there are other, perhaps cheaper, ways to go.

All advice will be highly appreciated :guitar:

Can you plug the iRig2 into the MacBook and have it just record direct into Logic Pro X? There's a pretty good amp designer plugin there. Look at the "Sunshine Stack" amp in that plugin. Look familiar?

Screen Shot 2018-05-26 at 1.45.22 PM.png

P.S. Amp Designer along with this amp and the others is also in GarageBand, in case you haven't bought Logic Pro X and just want to try it out. The "Drummers" in both those DAWs are worth playing with, too.

Yes I can. I already have Logic and played around with that amp ? Not getting the sound I’m looking for.
I read that the AmpliTube amps are a lot better. I just find it strange that there’s such a huge price difference between the iOS (10 for the Orange pack) and the VST (99 for 1 amp).
Is the VST so much better?

After a lot of reading I decided to change my plan.
Just ordered a Focusrite 2i4 and a set of KRK RP5’s ?
Looking forward to start exploring and hopefully I can contribute in making this forum a bit more active. Seems a bit quiet in here.

Back