Start up configure

Shreadzilla

WAAZZZUUP.. I've read several posts concerning modifications to the system tray, start up folder in order to reduce the crap in the backround etc.
My question is , is there a way to set up a savable scheme or something that could be selected when recording ? [I pretty much do this already to get rid of the little sound effects that become annoying at loud headphone volume], etc.
I'm gonna build a new computer just for recording, [thats the real solution], but I figured I'd see if there was a way.
Thanks for any replies.

Yeah, kinda. Go into the control panel and select Network...go into Access Control and make sure that Share-Level Access Control is checked.

Then restart. You'll now be prompted for a user name and password to log on to windows (if you're already this far then skip the above).

Now you can log on with different user names and create different profiles. In the control panel, you'll see a Users icon. Get in there and specify what you want each individual "user" to have control over.

You'll then have to edit the startup folder manually for the appropriate "user" (right click on the task bar and select properties) and disable stuff in the tray when you start.

And if you're really serious about freeing up a bit of memory...you don't HAVE to run explorer. Go into win.ini and change Shell=Explorer.exe to Shell=Progman.exe
Remember Win3.1? Have fun.

But, if you're building a DAW, then run NT4 and don't worry about all this crap.

Slackmaster 2000

slow orbit

Hey slack, I forgot about this subject, {rediscovered it searching my old posts,]go figure.
I still have'nt done a new system, home recording has a way of absorbing my pathetic pay check- but I'm getting closer.
Anyway, I just thought I'd give thanks & appreciation where due!
thanx man

Back