Soundcloud showing ads now?

easlern

Boredom artist
Hi all- sorry this is a little off-topic for the sub but I couldn't figure out a better place for it.

Browsing soundcloud on my phone today, noticed an ad in between songs. Not an audio ad thank god but just a popover I had to dismiss. It was annoying. Is this a new thing or have I just escaped it up til now?

hmmm, haven't noticed it myself. but doesn't mean it isn't there. I can't imagine their costs to maintain the site, and i'm not familiar with their funding/profit scheme. Wouldn't surprise me if someone offered big bucks to throw an ad in once in awhile. What was the ad for?

Dunno, I kind of had one of those swipe reflexes that you learn playing free games lol

I think it might have been for pizza?

Hmm, I really hope they don't go under, I like Sound Cloud. I just might pay the $135 for a year of Pro Unlimited, though I don't really need it.

I really don't mind to see some ads on sites that do any kind of service for free for me. The fact is that really doesn't exist any free service, so someone has to pay for the bill and putting ads is an alternative to fill in this hole.

:)

But if SoundCloud is losing a bunch of money even having ads and selling subscriptions for sure they aren't doing their homework. Bummer. That's a very nice place and I wouldn't like they close their doors.

:(

Anyway, wouldn't be great if Google just started a Youtube twin site dedicated exclusively to music?

:)

Back