soundcards?software?HELP!!

jester101

hey. I was on here before and I got some great help but I need some more. IF you don't know I am a singer songwriteplay guitar and im 13. I downloading N-Tracks studio for the 40 day free thing. I have no idea how to use it and I looked over the help thing 20 million times. I don't know what a sound card is nor if i have the right kind. I really need help with this stuff. And if u know of any better software just let me know. I really need this home recording thing but first i need to know how to use it, so if you could let me know I would gretaly appreciate it. Thanks

Cool Edit.

This has to be the best trade off between functionality and ease of use in my opinion. Try out the trial version of Cool Edit Pro, and have a look at some of the tips on www.syntrillium.com

A bog standard soundcard should be okay until you get to grips with what you are doing...so read this:

http://www.homerecording.com/newbies.html

I know the full version of Cool Edit is going to be alot more expensive than n-track, but it's software that you can grow with and it's more intuitive IMO. Plus I reckon version 2 of Cool Edit will be with us soon so a price drop for the current version may be in order.

I wish I started when I was 13 :)

Good luck,

Nathan.

Back