A soundcard extender for drum-kit recording

JordanMaycock

Hello People,

New here. Joined to ask a few questions.

As a band, I am going into recording, but at home. We are trying to find a good way to record the kit. We used two overhead mics to record the entire kit, which isn't actually so bad. But this was from a laptop, with the mic port 'split' to allow two microphones to record simultaneously. We cannot level these mics individually and are locked in at the volume they recorded. To record this kit, we ideally need four microphones to record on individual tracks so they can be levelled afterward. Could this be done on a USB soundcard extender? Basically I cannot find a USB soundcard that has 4/5 microphone ports. I can only find ones with two mic ports and a line port etc.

I will use Adobe Audition 1.5 to record the kit.

Please help.

Cheers.

Jordan

Strange. The US800 comes up as 'no longer available' on Sweetwater website, yet I just received an email tonight from them with the US800 on sale for $99. Secret Santa maybe? If interested, I would get you in contact with the rep I use there.

Seriously Jimmy, You're working for them right??

Tell the truth, You're the rep aren'tcha! Just like Henry is with MXL :P

Seriously Jimmy, You're working for them right??

Tell the truth, You're the rep aren'tcha! Just like Henry is with MXL :P

LOL! I wish, then I would have a shiny new 1800 myself.

I'm just quite happy with the gear, and it's inexpensive, so good for noobs.

+1 on the us 800 i got mine like a month ago and i can post up some recordings off of it pretty soon.

Back