Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A Creamware product

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Other

Votes: 15 62.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Delta Audiophile 24/96...

because Delta makes great sounding cards for the $$$......because I didnt need the extra inputs of the Delta 44, but I needed the S/PDIF.......the inputs arent balanced, its only drawback, but for what Im doing it does great....

I love my Delta 66 + SB Live setup... it just works, no messing around (well, once I got IRQ conflicts resolved). The Delta sounds pristine; the SB Live makes a great synth/sampler for the price ($75).

I ordered the Terratec EWS88MT but it hasn't arrived yet :(.
+ ASIO/ASIO2 drivers; 8 analog input/output; SPDIF in/out; 24/96; external AD/DA; switchable +4/-10; Price :).
- (I only know of the specs cause I haven't tried it yet) unbalanced rca (if it's possible I'll replace the rca for 1/4" TS on the box myself).

MOTU 2408 mkII. Lots of inputs and outputs, accepts my ADATs and Tascam if needed, S/PDIF in and out, accepts word clock. Absolutly no problems with it after over a year of intensive use.

Midiman DMAN 2044 for audio
Soundblaster LIVE! for MIDI

Like AlChuck says, this is just a good setup--high quality and versatility at a low cost.

Gidge - what's the disadvantage of having unbalanced ins?

AlChuck - why do you need the SB Live in addition to the 66? Can't you do synth/samples with the Delta?

Echo Mia for audio - works great.

SBLive for MIDI, Soundfonts and CD-audio (Mia doesn't connect to an internal CD-ROM, the same as most pure-audio cards)

I use a Midiman USB 2x2 for MIDI connections

Dobro, for me theres no disadvantages...i keep my cable runs short.....for some, they like as much balanced signals as they can to cut down on noise for a better signal-to-noise ratio.....

warlock said:
I ordered the Terratec EWS88MT but it hasn't arrived yet :(.
+ ASIO/ASIO2 drivers; 8 analog input/output; SPDIF in/out; 24/96; external AD/DA; switchable +4/-10; Price :).
- (I only know of the specs cause I haven't tried it yet) unbalanced rca (if it's possible I'll replace the rca for 1/4" TS on the box myself).

Sure you want to do that mate? The RCAs are to connect your soundcard/breakout box directly to your amp for your monitors.

dobro,

I could use softsynths with the Delta, but why stress the CPU? I already had the SB Live. Besides, it's only now with SONAR that I could play soft synths in real-time -- that is, if I was using WDM drivers I could.

-AlChuck

Alchemist3k said:

Sure you want to do that mate? The RCAs are to connect your soundcard/breakout box directly to your amp for your monitors.

No I'm not sure, that's why I said it's possible not deffinetly will.

Keijo

I find the Aardvarks pretty much in line with the Deltas as far as quality of converters and preamps(if applicable)...but you tend to get more for your $$$ with Delta in most cases

Soundscape Mixtreme

soundscape mixtreme.....always works always way ahead with latest drivers and they have just been bought by mackie USA and they're getting cheaper by the day.....if a card isn't multiclient out of the box what good is it?
If i was buying today the wami rack card is way ahead of everybody in all areas including price..........my only concern would be tech support from Korea??????????/:cool:

Back