Soundcard advice??

Decipha

EFIDynoTuning
I was thinking about getting an audigy II so i went to the local recording store to see what they recommend, the guy behind the counter told me that getting a sound card like that would be a big mistake. Since i don't believe what people paid by commision say i was wondering what the pros here think? What would be the best budget soundcard for recording vocals on a computer? I have/am getting a MXL v67 Mic and a MAudio dmp3 preamp, i only record vocals... shoot me some advice and if able links, im looking to spend <$300 for a decent soundcard

How many ins/outs do you need?? Check out thi smonths Sound on sound mag for a review of a tasty 10in/10out for your budget.

... Audigy = Wank! Only worth having to beat and disgard!!

...Ewww, that wasn't supposed to be so rude. :eek:

M-Audio Delta 44. 4 balanced line-level inputs and outputs. All the stuff on my website was recorded with it. A little more cash gets you the 1010, which has 8 analog I/Os as well as SP/DIF IO.

As stated above... stay away from Soundblaster if you're going to take this seriously. Take a look at Echo Electronics Mia Midi card. I just picked up a Echo Gina off of eBay for $78!! (2 ins / 8 outs, SPDIF and headphone jack)

Back