Soundblaster live soundcard

Bingwah

I have a soundblaster live soundcard. I'm not sure if its half or full duplex. I have a Tascam 488MKII. I would like to mix down directly to Sound Forge XP. The problem is that when I go from my line out of the Tascam into my line in on the soundcard I can't mix in stereo. What happens is that when I turn pan to the right I lose volume (completely when I go all thew way to the right). As I go towards the center the volume increases and maxes out at the center point. Panning left has no effect on the volume. I can't figure it out, I AM using a stereo plug into the line in. Everything I mix has to be in the center because of this. I'm assuming this is a soundcard problem, but I'd like any input anybody has on this.

Soundblaster Live Soundcard

Bingwah, I have a similar problem with my tunrtable. I can only do mono from my line in. I have a Yamaha XG soundcard and I thinking of getting a Soundblaster Live. I need help also.

I found that when I pulled out the 1/8" connecter out a little bit from the soundcard it all of the sudden started working in stereo. I don't know if just my connectors were whacked or if they're all this way. But give it a shot if nothing else will work.

I have a Tascam Portastudio 414 that I used with my SBLive successfully. I took an rca cable, hooked it up from the line out of the portastudio to another cable that has left and right female rca to a male stereo 1/8 inch(radio shack).From there I took that cable and plugged it in to the line in of the sblive. I loaded up my surround mixer application that came with my sblive and set the rec to line in and made sure the line in was turned on and the level up some. Everything was fine after that. Hope this helps some.

Bing, sounds like a bad/shorted/loose cable or bad connector. I have a SB Live card both at work and at home and record stereo tracks into them all the time with 1/8" stereo cable. Try getting a different cable, just a few bucks could fix your problem.

Thank you RWhite and everyone else. It was in fact my cable that was causing me headaches. I had been plugging a 1/4" connector into the line in 2/mic in 2 jack on the front of my computer without success. But I plugged an 1/8" connector into my line in on the back of my computer and it worked. My problem was an extremely dumb one. I was using a mono plug! So if anybody else is having this problem make sure you're not an idiot like me and use a stereo plug! Thanks again, and if you get a chance you can listen to some of my recordings at mp3.com/bingwah. They're all in mono of course but I'll be adding a few more soon in stereo now that I know how. They're not perfect cause I have no good monitors but check em out.

Back