Sound Forge pro 10 Record error

trustedfitness

Hi All

I need some help as it's driving me crazy... before i upgraded from sound forge 7 i could play an external sound source while recording - i.e playing Reason, while recording someone on the microphone (at that time running Win XP as O/S and my sound card is external EMU 0404 USB)..... alittle while ago i upgraded to windows 7 and sound forge pro 10.....

When ever i press record or play in sound forge all external sound stops......

Can anyone tell me what i'm doing wrong, what i haven't clicked or ticked?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!!

:-))))))))))

additional:

I've found a work around for the moment, but it's gonna be an a$$-ache as i have to got to (in sound forge) "Preferences" - "Audio" - change it from "EMU 0404" (sound card) - to "Direct Sound Surround Mapper" to record the mic while listening to the instrumental at the sametime, then to play back what i recorded, i have to then switch it back to "EMU 0404".... grrrrrr

Any help you give me is greatly appreciated!!!

Hi All

I need some help as it's driving me crazy... before i upgraded from sound forge 7 i could play an external sound source while recording - i.e playing Reason, while recording someone on the microphone (at that time running Win XP as O/S and my sound card is external EMU 0404 USB)..... alittle while ago i upgraded to windows 7 and sound forge pro 10.....

When ever i press record or play in sound forge all external sound stops......

Can anyone tell me what i'm doing wrong, what i haven't clicked or ticked?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!!

:-))))))))))

mac or pc?
I think you need to have the playback set to the same sound card as your recording.
So whatever you are listening to needs to be changed in the sounds settings in you computer.

Back