Sounblaster Platinum Live Drive

zelmobeaty

I know the company line is that Soundblaster is more games, etc. however, I think that Platinum Live with the breakout box seems like a cool idea. My questions:

Does anyone have any experience with the platinum Live?

What are the issues with compatibility?

Thanks

SB live is good

I like the card. It has not quite the sound of a 500$ Card, but the life drive is excellent. If you often chance the cables like me, ít's much mor easy with the front live drive. And there is no soundcard with so much sounds (Soundfonts). There are tons in the Internet.

Buy it

Hmmm.. to me the LiveDrive is not really worth the extra $100 or so in price over the SB Live! MP3+ or XGamer bundles. Of course for me I have planned to have a better digital audio interface from the start and use the Live! purely for its MIDI synth/Sound Font sampling engine. If you plan to use the SB Live for everything, perhaps the Platinum edition is a good buy. If audio recording is your main concern, there are better cards. M-Audio just came out with a card called the Audiophile 24/96 that lists for about the same as the SB Live! Platinum (but without an on-board synth engine).

Back