Sonar X3 drop outs during recording

Drawn01

Hey guys,
I’m having drop out issues with sonar X3 recording 10 real time tracks recording drums, recording at 44.1hz,
My gear is: audient id14 connected via adat to m-audio profire2626, with audient id14 connected to my laptop via USB, both interfaces firmware have been updated, clean os win 10 install, my laptop specs are..Toshiba L850, i7 3610QM 2.30ghz, amd Radeon 7600M GC 16gig ddr3ram, Windows 10 64bit clean with all updates, have pretty much tried almost all the buffer and latency settings in both sonar and audient software, also had this same laptop running win 7 64bit, same issue with drop outs during recording and same problems, even tried changing graphics card drivers as I’ve read that certain drivers can cause problems, totall anoyying not sure what else to do.

*just a thought, the audient id14 is a USB2 device, is this fast enough to record 10 tracks in real-time?

My first post here, thanks for any help you can provide

Cheers.

Yes, USB2.0 is easily capable of recording ten tracks and playing ten tracks whilst bathing the baby and making the tea. Whether THAT particular combination of kits can do it is moot.

The M-Audio is a Fire Wire interface, have you got it setup and optimized as a "stand alone" ADAT converter? This usual suspects need investigating...Internal soundcards, any wifi network adaptors (turn off) . Run Latencymon and see what it tells you. You have struck a chord with a graphics card? I have read of several instances where certain cards just will not live with audio.

Of course, Win 10 could be at the bottom of all this. Have you posted a question to Audient? As ever, there are some very clever audio bods at Sound On Sound | The World's Premier Music Recording Technology Magazine

Just a thought. Sonar might be "heavy" try Reaper, has a very light CPU "touch".

Dave.

Hi. I just wondered if you have the latest drivers for your id14? They released some new drivers this summer, IIRC, and they seem to be good from what I have read.
Regarding X3. I assume you are using ASIO drivers? Have you tried to uncheck 64-bit double precision Engine in Preferences (P), Audio, Driver Settings?
There is also now a new owner of what was SONAR. It's now called Cakewalk by BandLab and is free. It is the full SONAR Platinum, w/o some of the 3rd party plugins. I don't have enough posts to include links, but if you search for Cakewalk by BandLab, and sign in with the same email address you used when signing in earlier, they will port your existing plugins and VSTi's to your new account (when they open a new site/forum)
All the best.

Back