Some confusion with the mixer in Pro Tools 10...

Andy Pepworth

Hi everyone, it's been a few years since I was madly into Pro Tools, but I've reinstalled it and am back, which is great. (10.3.x)

The question I have is this - each track in my mixer window displays the volume of the audio as it was recorded and does not related to the slider, so if I move the slider up or down it doesn't change!

This doesn't seem right to me, I'm sure it wasn't like this before, but maybe my mind is playing tricks. The master fader works correctly - the slider linked properly to the track volume display.

Can anyone help? Sorry if my terminology isn't quite right :)

If you are referring to moving the slider up to increase your input level, that would be determined by the input source, not the DAW. If you are saying that after the audio was recorded and you move the slider up or down to control the mix volume for that track, than yes, that is the way it should work.

That is actually a meter setting. You can change that to post panner or post fader. Refer to the user manual, but I do believe its a right click option over the meter if you are using a two button mouse.

Back