Here is the official HR policy on software piracy that you agreed to when you registered:
Thus, you have now been warned twice! Henceforth, any requests for help with software that you pirated will result in your thread either being locked or deleted.Originally Posted by HR TOS
For the long period of time that this BBS did not have active mods, the community served as the enforcer of this policy, not because of the policy, but because of our own strong feelings against software piracy. Simply put, admitting that you pirated software is like taping a "kick me" sign to your gonads
Please spare me any of your rationalizations on why you pirate software, I am not interested, and will delete them from this thread. You may discuss them on the infamous "Do you really pay for that expensive software" thread:
Do you really buy that expensive recording software?
Here are the obvious signs of a pirate:
- you don't know how to connect a microphone to your computer, but you have the Waves Platinum bundle.
- you just got a several-year-old version of expensive recording software, but you don't have the manual. Coincidentally, that version happens to be the last version of the software that was cracked or didn't use a dongle (Cubase SX3, Wavelab 5, etc.)
To spare you any of the above fates, we will now help you discover cheap or free software that will do the job you need honestly:
- Reaper. It's free to try and like $50 for a license (I don't use it, so I'm not too familiar with the details).
- Audacity. Simple, but free and open source.
- Ten million free plugins, many of them quite good. Do a search here, because there are many, many threads on that topic.
- Used software. Good deals here, as many people seemed to have switched software recently, which only used to happen very rarely, and people had to keep all their old versions to upgrade. Just BE CAREFUL, and read the vendor's license transfer policy, and make sure you get original manuals, documentation, activation codes, dongles, etc., as appropriate.
I invite everyone else to add their options for cheap or free software to this thread, as I am making it a sticky!