which software is easiest to use and performs best???

RoOkiE85 said:
which is the best recording software out there....which is easiest to use......

The sad truth about sequencing software is that the best packages are often the most difficult to use and the easiest ones are not full-featured. If you are looking for quality or advanced features, just take your pick (Cubase, ProTools, Digital Performer, Logic, etc.) and dive in.

If you are worried about mastering difficult software, you might try looking at some type of scaled down version of the real thing. For example, I started using AudioDesk, MOTU's free,stripped down version of Digital Performer. When I got a handle on DAW recording I upgraded to DP. I'm not sure, but the LE versions of Cubase and ProTools might offer the same type of path.

Here's another vote in support of Tracktion. VERY easy. After about a year and a half of recording, I am finally looking around for a decent compressor though. The one that comes with Tracktion kinda blows, in my opinion.

I always found Cakewalk products intuitively easy to use. Try Home Studio, or Guitar Tracks. GT uses the Sonar audio engine, and is basically a Sonar lite

ssscientist said:
Add another vote for Tracktion. Pro quality with almost no learning curve...

Try this, this and this.

Thanks for the compressor links. I actually already use the Classic series of plug-ins, and they're pretty good. I checked out the "buzcompfree," but I didn't like its metering set-up.

RoOkiE85 said:
which is the best recording software out there....which is easiest to use......
I like how you completely changed the question after I had answered. :)

Yeah, tracktion is nice. I use Ableton live, because it has nice beat loop support, it's also easy to use, but tracktion is definitely better value.

regebro said:
I like how you completely changed the question after I had answered. :)

Yeah, tracktion is nice. I use Ableton live, because it has nice beat loop support, it's also easy to use, but tracktion is definitely better value.

I was wonderin bout that.

My vote to Guitar Tracks Pro 2 or 3, it took me ages to upgrade to 3, because I didn't like the look of it. But I'm glad I did. It's cheap and very good. It has no midi...but it's a sweet package for guitar/ straight up recording. It has a very good range of effects, plugins etc

Back